Revised and Effective: December 1, 2017
Text Groove Communications Inc.
2678 Silverstone Way
Victoria, BC, V9B 6A6
2. Types of Data We Collect.
- We collect personal information from users or prospective customers during their use of the website, use of our products, or communication with our employees. This includes: (1) basic data passed during text message transmission (including, but not limited to, message content, photos, files, and message count/volume), (2) information entered in website forms or when creating or using accounts, (3) mobile device information including mobile devise identification, service provider, and location, (4) payment information, and (5) information or feedback provided through e-mail, voice, letter, or online posting. We also collect data (including phone number, transmission, and message data) from general text messaging users who send messages to users of Company Services.
- We also collect information using technology. We gather (1) clicking, browsing, and use data/patterns (including, but not limited to, information gathered through “cookies” and “pixel tags” as well as information about your IP address, browser, internet service provider, pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream data), (2) information about your mobile device, use of our app, or app performance and (3) information (via “pixel tags”) about how emails we have sent have been accessed. Third party advertisers or data analytics providers also gather similar information and/or match this information to that from other sources.
3. Use of Your Information.
- General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used to provide the Services, for our direct marketing purposes, to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We will also use the information to contact you via e-mail or phone call for (1) phone number verification, (2) marketing/promotional purposes, (3) enrolment/activation activities, (5) response to your request/inquiry, (6) encouraging or enabling your use of the Services including, but not limited to, specific features, (7) billing inquiries, (8) to address possible inappropriate use, or at our Company’s discretion, (9) to provide users material updates related to the Services.
- User Feedback. If you provide us with feedback, we may post it on the Site or our blog from time to time. (We love to share positive customer experiences!) If we desire to post your full first and full last name along with the feedback, we will ensure that we obtain your consent prior to posting.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you or your business. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive it (for example, the person you are texting).
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers: (1) to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, (2) to enable message transmission, (3) to conduct quality assurance testing or audits, (4) for our own marketing purposes, (5) to facilitate enrolment and creation of accounts, (6) to provide technical support, (7) to facilitate data storage, (8) for billing, (9) to manage sales accounts, and/or (10) to provide other services to our Company. These third-party service providers are required to not use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by our Company.
- Public Profile. Profile information, such as your profile photo, name, and telephone number, may be shared between users of Text Groove Services when communicating via text-enabled landlines.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger or change in ownership of all or a portion of our business or assets.
5. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- Email Communications. You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further marketing e-mail from us and may “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information above). Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service related communications.
- Changing Your Personal Information. You may change certain elements of personal information in your Account by logging into the Site. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and at our discretion, we may use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; but, please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
6. Security of Your Personal Information. Your security matters to us. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.